Tools

Tools

Sunday, August 24, 2014

No Fail Life Plan


     Within the last six months, my husband has been in and out of the hospital for his leg, my father passed away and my youngest daughter had open heart surgery. I have three children under the age of 8 and they attend three separate schools. You are probably not surprised if I tell you that I can get quite over whelmed and that life has gotten away from me at times.  I hate those times because I know that I'm not being the best me that I can be.
     I know for myself If I don't have a plan, my activities turn "willy nilly" and I don't feel like I am accomplishing anything. This is why the No Fail Life Plan was born. Created in Microsoft Word, I'm pretty sure that this daily plan to "de-willy" my life entails everything that happens in my average day.
     At the top in orange is My Life Mission. I think that it is important that we create mission statements for our lives in order to give them more meaning and to have something to work toward. With that in mind, your plan should be written to help you succeed in your life's mission. If it doesn't do this then it needs to be tweaked. Your plan should be fluid, changing as it needs to and put it in a format that works best for you and that is easy to edit.
      I placed my plan in a simple 8" x 10" photo frame under glass so daily markings can easily be erased. Checking the boxes gives me a sense that I am not wasting my day (or at least all of my day). Here is what my plan looks like on my desk.  It's front and center as I tackle my day.  Notice the Water Consumption line at the bottom.  I have incorporated 8 checked boxes to mark off as you consume. Click here to see what the Mayo Clinic says about the amount of water you should consume daily.

     P
lease share, tweet and email with your world!

           Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment